We have partnered with Agency Business Systems, Inc. to host their software and database in a secure cloud environment. This is the sign-up page to move your insurance agency to the cloud. PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING AGREEMENT CAREFULLY BEFORE SIGNING UP:
THIS AGREEMENT is made BETWEEN:
- The Client, a licensee of Agency Business Systems, Inc's software, ABS Agency Builder, in one office with one ABS database, and
- Cornelius Concepts, LLC, hereafter referred to as just Cornelius Concepts.
The purpose of this Agreement (hereafter referred to as the “Agreement”) is to establish a contract arrangement under which Cornelius Concepts will provide Remote Desktop Hosting services (the "Services") on behalf of the Client.
Cornelius Concepts will provide the Services listed below subject to the following terms:
- Length of Service - After initial installation and setup, the Client agrees to a recurring monthly contractual term of service (“Term”) continuing until either Client or Cornelius Concepts terminates this agreement;
- Installation Service Date - The "Sign-Up" payment establishes the relationship between Client and Cornelius Concepts and shall be due in advance of any service provided. Service shall begin upon Cornelius Concepts's receipt of payment or upon a mutually agreed upon alternate date;
- Service Start Date and Automatic Renewal - Once the "Create Users" payment has been initiated with recurring billing, Remote Desktop Hosting Services will commence and shall continue on a monthly basis so long as payment is received in advance of the service Term. This Agreement will automatically renew monthly unless canceled by Client at least 15 calendar days prior to the end of Term renewal date. Renewal of services by Client indicates agreement to any Contract revisions and price changes.
- Once the accounts are created, there are NO REFUNDS of the Sign-Up fees or the Monthly Access Fees.
The Services being offered by Cornelius Concepts allow the Client to use software from Agency Business Systems, Inc. (ABS) on a remotely hosted Windows computer and includes the following:
- Installation, configuration, and updates of the ABS software and database on a remote server computer;
- For current ABS customers: Backup of the Client's current ABS database in their office and initial restoration from that backup to their new cloud-hosted database;
- Up to 100 GB per agency for Client use within the guidelines set forth in this agreement.
- Access to the server and the ABS software through Remote Desktop Client software;
- File storage area for use with ABS software, up to 100 GB per agency;
- Documentation and support for users to remotely access the software over the internet;
- Nightly off-site backups of the ABS database and related documents.
COST OF SERVICES
- Account Setup Charge - To establish an account and initiate the Services listed above under "Account Setup," there will be a one-time per Client (one ABS database) charge of $149.
- Recurring Monthly Access Fee - The monthly fee for the Services above under "Regular Use" is $35 per user with discounts for multiple users
All services provided by Cornelius Concepts must be paid for in advance of service delivery.
COLLECTION AND PRIVACY OF INFORMATION
Registration is required to establish an account for the Services. Cornelius Concepts collects contact details including business name, contact name, contact address, email address, and phone number. Additionally, Cornelius Concepts may collect connection statistics, watch running processes on the server, and in other ways monitor activity in pursuit of keeping the server computer running smoothly. This information is used solely for the purposes of communication, payment, and support between Cornelius Concepts and the Client and is in no way ever sold, distributed, or made public for any reason.
ACCEPTABLE USE POLICY
All users of the Services must comply with the following:
- INTENDED PURPOSES
- The Services are to be used for the express contracted purposes of remotely accessing ABS software for the legitimate business purposes of managing an insurance business.
- The software allows for pictures, documents, and other files to be uploaded and stored on the servers. These files must only be for use within the insurance business for which the Client has contracted.
- PROHIBITED USES
- No additional software other than what is provided is to be installed by the Client unless discussed and mutually agreed upon with Cornelius Concepts.
- The sale or distribution of copyrighted media is strictly prohibited.
- Engaging in network activity that is malicious, disruptive, or otherwise meant to negatively impact the service of others.
- Sending unsolicited email messages of any kind.
Proprietary information exchanged here under shall be treated as such by the Client. This information shall include, but not be limited to, the provisions of this Agreement, product and services information and pricing. The Client further agrees to not decompose, disassemble, decode or reverse engineer any programs, code or technology used by the Client or any portion thereof.
Cornelius Concepts makes no warranties or representations of any kind, whether expressed or implied for the service it is providing. Cornelius Concepts also disclaims any warranty of merchantability or fitness for any particular purpose and will not be responsible for any damages that may be suffered by the Client, including loss of data resulting from delays, non-deliveries or service interruptions by any cause or errors or omissions of the Client. Use of any information obtained by way of Cornelius Concepts is at the Client's own risk, and Cornelius Concepts specifically denies any responsibility for the accuracy or quality of information obtained through its services. Connection speed represents the speed of an end-to-end connection. Cornelius Concepts does not represent guarantees of speed or availability of end-to-end connections. Cornelius Concepts specifically denies any responsibilities for any damages arising as a consequence of such unavailability.
Cornelius Concepts may terminate this Agreement at its sole discretion upon the occurrence of one or more of the following events: 1) failure to comply with any provisions of the Agreement upon receipt of written notice from Company of said failure, 2) appointment of Receiver or upon the filing of any application by the Client seeking relief from creditors, 3) upon mutual agreement in writing of Cornelius Concepts and the Client.
If legal proceedings are commenced to resolve a dispute arising out of, or relating to, this Agreement, the prevailing party shall be entitled to recover all costs, legal fees, and expert witness fees as well as any costs or legal fees in connection with any appeals.
The Client shall indemnify and hold Cornelius Concepts harmless from and against any and all claims, judgments, awards, costs, expenses, damages and liabilities (including reasonable attorney fees) of whatsoever kind and nature that may be asserted, granted or imposed against Cornelius Concepts directly or indirectly arising from or in connection with the Client's marketing or support services of the product or services or the unauthorized representation of the product and services or any breach of this Agreement by the Client.
If any provision of this Agreement is held to be unenforceable, the enforceability of the remaining provisions shall in no way be affected or impaired thereby. This Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Oregon. A failure by any party to exercise or delay in exercising a right or power conferred upon it in this Agreement shall not operate as a waiver of any such right or power.
== STEP 1 ==
If you agree to the above terms and conditions and understand the information in steps 2 and 3 below, please click the Sign-Up! button below to get started. < >
== STEP 2 ==
As soon as we receive the sign-up payment notification from Step 1, we will notify Agency Business Systems who will work with you to get established in the cloud. If you are new to ABS, account creation is quick. If you are an existing ABS customer, your local ABS database will need to be backed up and uploaded, along with any templates or Document Manager files you may have--this process could take as little as a few minutes or up to several hours depending on the number of files to upload. < >
== STEP 3 ==
You will need Remote Desktop accounts to access the ABS Cloud servers, paid for on a monthly subscription. Cornelius Concepts will contact you to find out how many user accounts are needed and answer any other questions. The monthly subscription cost is based on the number of simultaneous users you need. The pricing for these user access accounts is as follows:
- ABS Users: 1-4: $35 per user per month
- ABS Users: 5-9: $31 per user per month
- ABS Users: 10+: $27 per user per month
Once the data has been uploaded and your user accounts are created, your subscription will begin and you will receive login credentials and instructions on using ABS in the cloud.
Ready? Let's do it!